Wednesday 4 January 2012

Prayers and Promises from the Authorized Version

In 2010, I found a great little book called Prayers and Promises, so now I want to share these on here.

DAILY PRAYERS AND PROMISES FROM THE HOLY SCRIPTURES

Jan 1st

Hold Thou me up, and I shall be safe.

Psalm 119:117

I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.

Isaiah 41:10

2nd

Order my steps in Thy word.

Psalm 119:133

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.

Psalm 37:23

3rd

If Thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence. Exodus 33:15

My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Exodus 33:14

4th

Do not condemn me.

Job 10:2

There is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

5th

O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for Thy mercies’ sake. Psalm 6:4

I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the Lord. Jeremiah 15:20

6th

Lead me, O Lord, in Thy righteousness; make Thy way straight before my face. Psalm 5:8

I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make crooked things straight. Isaiah 42:16

7th

Leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. Psalm 27:9

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:5

8th

For Thy name’s sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great. Psalm 25:11

I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have transgressed against Me. Jeremiah 33:8

9th

Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. Psalm 119:36

I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts. Jeremiah 31:33

10th

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thought. Psalm 139:23

I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins.

Jeremiah 17:10

11th

The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring Thou me out of my distresses.

Psalm 25:17

I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined.

Zechariah 13:9

12th

Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up. Psalm 69:15

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee. Isaiah 43:2

13th

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Thy servant. Psalm 119:176

Thus saith the Lord God, I will both search My sheep, and seek them out. Ezekiel 34:11

14th

Incline Thine ear unto me, and save me.

Psalm 71:2

He shall save the humble person.

Job 22:29

15th

Oh that Thou wouldest keep me from evil!

1 Chronicles 4:10

The Lord is faithful, who shall keep you from evil.

2 Thessalonians 3:3

16th

Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. Ezekiel 37:9

The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:25

17th

Oh that Thou wouldest bless me indeed!

1 Chronicles 4:10

I will bless thee… and thou shalt be a blessing.

Genesis 12:2

18th

Remember me, O my God, and spare me according to the greatness of Thy mercy.

Nehemiah 13:22

I do earnestly remember him still: I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:20

19th

O visit me with Thy salvation.

Psalm 106:4

With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation.

Psalm 91:16

20th

O Lord, let Thy loving-kindness and Thy truth continually preserve me. Psalm 40:11

The Lord preserveth all them that love Him.

Psalm 145:20

21st

Let Thy hand be upon the man of Thy right hand, upon the son of man whom Thou madest strong for Thyself.

Psalm 80:17

I have laid help upon One that is mighty; I have exalted One chosen out of the people.

Psalm 89:19

22nd

Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Psalm 51:9

I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins. Isaiah 44:22

23rd

Teach me Thy way, O Lord. Psalm 86:11

The meek will He teach His way. Psalm 25:9

24th

We pray that our God would fulfil all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power. 2 Thessalonians 1:11

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:8

25th

Lord, increase our faith.

Luke 17:5

Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe His prophets, so shall ye prosper. 2 Chronicles 20:20

26th

Give me neither poverty nor riches. Proverbs 30:8

The Lord shall give that which is good. Psalm 85:12

27th

Remember, break not Thy covenant with us.

Jeremiah 14:21

My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of My lips. Psalm 89:34

28th

O God of our salvation, cause Thine anger toward us to cease. Psalm 85:4

For My name’s sake will I defer Mine anger, and for My praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off. Isaiah 48:9

29th

Feed me with food convenient for me.

Proverbs 30:8

I will feed My flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel 34:15

30th

That Thy way may be known upon earth, Thy saving health among all nations. Psalm 67:2

His name shall endure for ever, and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Psalm 72:17

31st

O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in Thine anger, lest Thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah 10:24

Fear thou not, O Jacob My servant, saith the Lord: for I am with thee; I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure. Jeremiah 46:28

No comments:

Post a Comment