Thursday 19 December 2019

Discovery



"Be patient - wait God's time. He knows the best. 
Though plans are crossed, unanswered your requests.
Even when you suffer from the stunning blow,
When He to your petition answers, "no."
When all is dark around, just kneel in prayer.
Tell Him you're trusting. He will bless you there."
By Mrs Clara Simpson


" Make every day a walk with Thee.
New glory shall the sunshine gain.
And all the clouds shall lightened be
Go with me on life's dusty road
And help me bear the weary load.

Talk with me, Master, by the way.
The voices of the world recede
The shadows darken o'er the land.
How poor am I, how great my need.
Speak to my heart disquieted.
Till it shall lose it's fear and dread.

Bide with me, Master, all the way.
Though to my blinded eyes unknown.
So shall I feel a presence near
Where I had thought I walked alone.
And when, far spent, the day decline
Break Thou the bread, dear Guest of mine."
(the Sunday companion April 1959)


What a treat to find this book that used to belong to my great Grandma (who I never knew). There are some poems in its pages which I found quite moving. 
Hope you're blessed when I share them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment