Saturday 7 December 2019

Delight


Some quotes from George Muller. 
"The first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day is to have my soul happy in the Lord."

"There were few people, perhaps, more passionately fond of travelling, and seeing fresh places, and new scenes, than myself; but now, since, by the grace of God, I have seen beauty in the Lord Jesus, I have lost my taste for these things."

"At last I saw Christ as my Saviour. I believed in Him and gave myself to Him. The burden rolled from off me, and a great love for Christ filled my soul. That was more than fifty years ago. I loved Jesus Christ then, but I loved Him more the year after, and more the year after that, and more every year since. "


Truly when we see the King in His beauty (Isaiah 33:17) , we should be filled with the greatest delight. The One who is far above all principalities and powers and every name that is named has chosen to reveal Himself to us in such a way as to restore fellowship between God and man through the death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross. What love and grace! What condescension and mercy! What a price He paid for sinners to be forgiven of every thing that offended the Holy God! He made us His children when we used to be enemies! What tremendously blessed privileged people He has made us!




No comments:

Post a Comment