Saturday 12 March 2016

Torah and YHVH. Some amazing word pictures!

Hebrew names don’t just have a meaning and a numerical value; every letter also has a pictogram, so every name and word have pictures that tell another story and give another message. How incredible this is. 
 All the law (Hebrew: Torah: instruction of God) points to Jesus of Nazareth. Even the very word Torah points to Jesus.
4 Hebrew letters: 1st letter is depicted by a cross, 2nd letter is “nails”, 3rd letter is the pictogram for “The Highest One” and the final letter’s pictogram means “Behold.” So we have, “On the cross was nailed the Highest One. Behold!” (Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Behold, the Highest One was nailed to a cross- for you. Torah. I hope every time you hear that word, you will remember to Behold the Highest one nailed to the cross.
The Sacred name which the Jews will not say (and dared not even write down) is Yahweh (YHVH). When Moses asked God His name, God replied, I Am that I Am. That is My name. We anglicised it to Jehovah. When they came and wrangled with Jesus, He said, “Before Abraham was, I AM.” I AM the way, the truth and the life, I AM the light of the world, I AM the good shepherd. Jesus is the Great I AM; He is God, who died on the cross for our sins. The meaning of these 4 letters is “the hands, Behold, the nails, Behold.” Even God’s Name points us to Jesus. The Great I AM was nailed on the cross. Oh the wonder of it dear friends, it all points to the most incredible work that has been done; the only thing that can deal with rebellion; the only thing that can bring us new life. Jesus was made sin and nailed to the tree. God nailed t the tree- for me and for you. Behold it dear friends. Behold the Lamb of God. What an amazing thing God has done, and He has written an amazing book! 

(Part transcript of a sermon on Revelation 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment