Tuesday 15 March 2016

Excerpts from "The Edges of His Ways"

"Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dwell within Thy calm;
Before the pain has passed in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm,
Let me not lose the chance to prove
The fullness of enabling love.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory.

Before I leave the desert land
For meadows of immortal flowers,
Lead me where streams at Thy command
Flow by the borders of the hours,
That when the thirsty come, I may
Show them the fountains in the way.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory."

"Sometimes in the midst of the rush of things, it seems impossible
always to be victorious, always to be peaceful, always to be inwardly sweet.
Is that not so? Yet that and nothing less is our high calling."

No comments:

Post a Comment