Monday 21 September 2015

Selected quotes. Challenge and Encouragement

"You must maintain continual watchfulness so that nothing arises in your life that would cause you shame.
God has called you to a higher standard. 
Never dull your sense of being your utmost for His highest; your best for His glory."

"The honour of Jesus Christ is at stake in your bodily life."
                                                                      (Oswald Chambers)

"May this day be a day of power with me as to some noble effort for the glory of God and the good of my fellowmen! I am wholly at Thy disposal; willing, yea, eager to be used of Thee for Thy holy purposes."

"Let us not fear any danger, for He is mighty to save!"

"This day let us just stow ourselves away in our hiding place and sit and sing under the protection of our Covert. Blessed Jesus! Blessed Jesus! How we love Thee! Well we may, for Thou art to us a shelter in the time of storm."

"Let us this day run to Him and be at peace."

"Our Lord Jesus, the glorious man, is a covert which is never blown down. In Him we mark the tempest sweeping by, but we ourselves rest in delightful serenity."
                                           (Charles Spurgeon's Checkbook of Faith)

"Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: My God will hear me.
Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I shall arise; 
When I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me." Micah 7:7-8.

I hope you find these as encouraging and challenging as I have this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment