Monday 14 September 2015

John Wesley's Hymns

Today I started reading through "Wesley's Hymns" and came across some really beautiful lines.

"I bid you all my goodness prove: My promises for all are free:
Come, taste the manna of my love, and let your souls delight in Me"

"Thy faithfulness, Lord, each moment we find, so true to Thy word, so loving and kind,
Thy mercy so tender to all the lost race, the vilest offender may turn and find grace."

"Ye all may find favour, who come at His call.
O come to my Saviour, His Grace is for all."

"He offers you pardon; He bids you be free: If sin be your burden, O come unto Me."

"To us, at thy feet, The Comforter give,
who gasp to admit Thy Spirit and live;
The weakest believers acknowledge for thine,
and fill us with rivers of water divine!"

"There we shall see his face, and never, never sin;
There, from the rivers of His grace, drink endless pleasures in:
Yea, and before we rise to that immortal state,
The thoughts of such amazing bliss
Should constant joys create."

No comments:

Post a Comment