Thursday 16 January 2020

Unto the upright...


I keep coming back to this verse. 
I find great encouragement here . 
When I am guilty and need His grace and mercy, I have His promise here in His Word: He is gracious. 
When sad news abounds, He is full of compassion. 
Though I have been unrighteous, His work on the Cross paid my debt and He imputes His righteousness to me when I confess and forsake my sins. 
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

In Him there is no darkness at all. 
When we come to Him, He shines His light. We can either walk in it, 
or choose to reject Him. 
Why would anyone choose eternal darkness and misery
 over eternal light and joy and glory? 



Thank You Lord for Your light, Your grace, 
Your compassions which never fail, and Your righteousness.
Please help me always
 to choose to walk in Your light. 




No comments:

Post a Comment