Saturday 25 May 2019

Scripture verse, quote, and a few questions.

Habakkuk 2:1 says,
"I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected."

And here's what Mr Wesley had to say about that verse:
"Called to give an account of the mysteriousness of providence; either to satisfy doubters, or to silence quarrellers."

Can we say, like Samuel, "Speak Lord, for your servant is listening."?
Do we really know the Shepherd's voice or have other voices crowded Him out?
In so many places in Scripture, we're told to "Be still" and "Stand firm".
Do we ever take much time aside to be alone with the Lord for Him to correct our skewed way of thinking?
Have we given many accurate accounts of the Lord's dealings lately?
Have we satisfied doubters or silenced quarrellers?


No comments:

Post a Comment