Sunday 5 August 2018

Another excerpt from a Susan Warner book

"Paul said he was an apostle 'by the will of God'; and whatever I may be, it shall be by the same will.
I am the Lord's servant; what He wants me to do, I will do, and He will show me what that is."

   "But Stephen, everything in this world is not for duty? Don't you allow some little chink or cranny where pleasure comes in?"

Stephen smiled, a smile that astonished his friend, and almost silenced him. "I have no greater pleasure than to do the will of God," he said. "See Charles, you do not understand it, because you do not know Him, but I know Him. He has redeemed me, and forgiven me, and adopted me; He has made me inexpressibly happy with His presence: I am not living without pleasure, I am full of it; and the only thing I wish for further in this world is to do what work my Lord has for me to do, and so please Him."

"Stephen M.D."





No comments:

Post a Comment