Friday 5 June 2015

More quotes from "The Old Helmet" (volume 2)

I'm really enjoying Susan Warner's books. Here are some more quotes, this time from volume 2 of "The Old Helmet".

"I saw how Jesus loves sinners. I saw I had nothing to do but to give myself to Him, and He would do everything. I see how sins are forgiven through His blood; and I trust in it, and I am sure mine are; and I feel as if I had begun a new life."

"I had been trying and thinking to make myself good first. I thought I was unworthy and unfit to be Christ's servant; but now I see I can be nothing but unworthy, and only He can make me fit for anything; so I give all up, and I feel that He will do all for me. I am so happy! I was so blind before!"

"The way to keep that joy and to know more of it, is to take every succeeding step in the Christian life exactly as you took the first one; in self renunciation, in entire dependence. As ye have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him. It is a simple and humble way, the way along which the heavenly light shines. Do everything for Christ - do everything in His strength; and you will soon know that the secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him. Blessed be His name! He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might He increaseth strength."


Hope you enjoy them as much as I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment