Saturday 19 July 2014

"The Riches of His grace" by C. A. Coates

I came across this poem and rather like it.

Henceforth my lips and pen
Shall seek to spread His fame;
My hands and feet shall swiftly move
To glorify His Name.


I seek no earthly place;
My joy is all in Him;
My thirsty soul shall drink no more
From fountains stained with sin.


But in the Lord Himself,
The Lord who died for me,
Despised on earth, enthroned in heaven,
My springs of life shall be.


And when He takes me home
To gaze upon His face,
More loud, more sweet my soul shall sing
The riches of His grace.
~Poem by C.A. Coates~
(1862-1945)

The beloved Bible teacher, C.A. Coates, composed this beautiful
poem when he was 16 years old on his conversion.


http://www.cobblestoneroadministry.org/2006/Poem_TheRichesOfHisGrace.html

No comments:

Post a Comment