Friday 7 December 2012

Pr + Pr + v.a.d + Happy Hanukkah!

December
1st
One thing…will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. 
Psalm 27:4
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. 
Revelation 3:12
2nd
Save now, I beseech Thee, O Lord. 
Psalm 118:25
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me: and Thy right hand shall save me.  Psalm 138:7
3rd
Leave me not to mine oppressors. 
Psalm 119:121
He shall judge the poor of the people, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.  Psalm 72:4
4th
Will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth?
2 Chronicles 6:18
God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 2 Corinthians 6:16
5th
Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant.
Psalm 119:135
His servants shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads.  Revelation 22:4
6th
Be not far from me; for trouble is near. 
Psalm 22:11
Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
Matthew 28:20
7th
Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked.
Psalm 71:4
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations.
2 Peter 2:9
8th
O Lord God, let it please Thee to bless the house of Thy servant. 2 Samuel 7:29
He will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee.
Deuteronomy 7:13
9th
Establish Thou the work of our hands upon us.
Psalm 90:17
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.  Proverbs 16:3
10th
Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant.
Psalm 31:16
The Lord make His face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee. Numbers 6:25
11th
Attend unto my cry, for I am brought very low.
Psalm 142:6
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27
12th
O Lord, forsake not the works of Thine own hands.
Psalm 138:8
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me.
Psalm 138:8
13th
Be Thou our salvation in the time of trouble.
Isaiah 33:2
The salvation of the righteous is of the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble. Psalm 37:39
14th
Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Acts 7:59
I will come again, and receive you unto Myself.
John 14:3
15th
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul.
Lamentations 3:24
I am their inheritance; I am their possession.
Ezekiel 44:28
16th
I beseech Thee, O Lord, take away the iniquity of Thy servant. 2 Samuel 24:10
Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee.
Zechariah 3:4
17th
O God, command deliverances for Jacob.
Psalm 44:4
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19
18th
Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Thy name.
Psalm 142:7
He bringeth out those which are bound with chains.
Psalm 68:6
19th
Uphold me according unto Thy word, that I may live.
Psalm 119:116
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand. Psalm 37:24
20th
O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me.
Psalm 86:16
He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us.
Micah 7:19
21st
Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me. Psalm 141:9
I will hold thine hand, and will keep thee.
Isaiah 42:6
22nd
O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days. Psalm 102:24
By Me thy days shall be multiplied and the years of thy life shall be increased. Proverbs 9:11
23rd
Lord, be Thou my helper.
Psalm 30:10
I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Isaiah 41:13
24th
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law.
Psalm 119:34
They that erred in spirit shall come to understanding.
Isaiah 29:24
25th
O Lord my God, save me.
Psalm 7:1
He shall send them a Saviour, and a great one, and He shall deliver them. Isaiah 19:20
26th
Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked.
Psalm 140:4
In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and I will preserve thee.
Isaiah 49:8
27th
Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me.
Psalm 38:21
The Lord forsaketh not His saints; they are preserved for ever.
Psalm 37:28
28th
Redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
Psalm 26:11
The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants.
Psalm 34:22
29th
Abide with us.
Luke 24:29
The Father shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever. John 14:16
30th
Have respect unto the covenant; for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty.
Psalm 74:20
The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:9
31st
Lord, now lettest Thou Thy servant depart in peace.
Luke 2:29
The righteous is taken away from the evil to come: he shall enter into peace. Isaiah 57:1,2



Verse a Day
Dec
1
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, Romans 8:16
2
and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. Romans 8:17
3
He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. Psalm 18:33
4
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1
5
For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:6
6
Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you. And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you, so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints. 1 Thessalonians 3:13
7
Being confident of this thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
8
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
9
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
10
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32
11
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Romans 8:35
12
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37
13
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, Romans 8:38
14
nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39
15
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
          Romans 5:1
16
through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:2
17
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
       Romans 5:3
18
and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:4
19
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5
20
For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 5:6
21
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
22
For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Romans 5:10
23
And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. Romans 5:11
24
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10
25
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? 1 Corinthians 6:9
26
For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17
27
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1
28
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2
29
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
        Psalm 56:4
30
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
       Hebrews 10:23
31
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24+25


and here's a Matisyahu song to say Happy Hanukkah to anyone celebrating it! (obviously not my usual style, but I rather like it.)






No comments:

Post a Comment