Wednesday 13 June 2012

Sweetness

"Some day of days, some dawning yet to be,
I shall be clothed with immortality;
And in that day I shall not greatly care
That Jane spilt candle-grease upon the stair.
It will not vex me then, as once it did,
That careless hands have chipped my teapot lid;
So for that day I lay me at Thy feet,
Then keep me sweet, my Saviour, keep me sweet."
by Fay Inchfawn

I thought this was a really great reminder of the necessity to keep our speech sweet. I've been challenged by this quite a lot lately! Sometimes, I think its best just to slap my hand over my mouth before anything "un-edifying" can come out!

"...sound speech that cannot be condemned" Titus 2:8


 "Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one." Colossians 4:6


"...speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,  giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:19+20.




"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything!"


Thoughts anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment