Thursday 9 February 2012

Scriptures and a quote.

A few verses of Scripture that have jumped out at me recently:

"Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with Your Glory all the day." Psalm 71:8

"But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your Salvation all the day.
I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only." Psalm 71:14,15a + 16.

(Notice: all the day! not just a little bit on a Sunday, but all day every day, our mouths should be filled with His praise and Glory, and His righteousness alone!)

"Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound." Psalm 89:15.
I've looked at the context and I can't figure out what this particular joyful sound is. Any ideas anyone? Please let me know.

"And He said to me, It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts." Revelation 21:6.
(Are we thirsty for the water of life? Jesus says we can drink from the fountain freely: as often as we need, as much as we need! How good to remember He is the only One who can truly satisfy our deepest needs!)

And a J.C. Ryle quote:

"Don’t tell me of your happiness if it daily depends on the uncertainties of the earth. Your home may be rich in comforts; your wife and children may be all you could desire; your income may be amply sufficient to meet all your wants. But oh, remember, if you have nothing more than this to look to, that you are standing on the edge of a cliff! Your joy may be deep and earnest, but it is fearfully short-lived. It has no root. It is not true happiness."~ J.C. Ryle

No comments:

Post a Comment