Sunday 2 October 2011

Yes, its that time again. More quotes:)

This life is made up of shadows: substance lies elsewhere. Spurgeon

Wilt thou ever say again that thy God hath forsaken thee when he has graven thee upon His own palms? Spurgeon

The true mark of the saint is that he can waive his own rights and obey the Lord Jesus. Oswald Chambers

Not that our salvation should be the effect of our work, but our work should be the evidence of our salvation. Spurgeon

"In the greatest difficulties, in the heaviest trials, in the deepest poverty and necessities, He has never failed me." – George Muller

He is not the God of apostates, for he hath said, “If any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” Spurgeon

"The more my trust rests in God, the less I trust myself." AW Tozer (The Crucified Life)

This would be the first step in apostasy; men first forget the true, and then adore the false. Spurgeon

You could not be saved through any effort of your own, but now that you are saved it is necessary for you to put forward every effort you can to glorify Him. --H.A. Ironside

If you are God’s chosen ones, you will know it by your trusting in Jesus. Simple as that trust is, it is the infallible proof of election. Spurgeon

Jesus’ primary consideration is my absolute annihilation of my right to myself & my identification with Him. Oswald Chambers

Whatever may be said about election, it is written in the Word of God as with an iron pen; there is no getting rid of it, there it stands. Spurgeon

"HATE SIN! Instead of loving it, cleaving to it, excusing it, playing with it, we ought to hate it with a deadly hatred." ~ J.C. Ryle

There will be no doubt about His having chosen you, when you have chosen Him. Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment