Thursday 4 August 2011

My 3 days off work:)

So, Tuesday was my birthday:) so Andy (my brother) and my Mum, and I went to: an Antique Centre, a Garden Centre, and Stanley Park, Blackpool, for an ice cream and a ride on a pedalo. :) We all thoroughly enjoyed it all (including during the time on the pedalo when it was pouring down with rain!) it was still great fun! After that, we also saw some peacocks and had a little scramble up a rocky crag.



On Wednesday, Andy was back at work, so Mum and I went for a longer ride up to the Lake District where we stopped off at a Craft Barn (and I had a scramble up another rocky hill!) We enjoyed gorgeous sunshine and beautiful scenery all day! We went on Windermere ferry, popped in at Hawkshead, went on to Grizedale and Moor Top, and then on to Coniston where I enjoyed some delicious chips and a burger! I also had a little paddle in Lake Coniston. It was really lovely! Then we popped in at another brother's house to see my sister in law and nephews. Then it was home time!!


(I didn't climb this one!)

Then today, first, we went to the next door farm where my brother, sister in law, nephew and niece were (and they sang Happy Birthday and helped me blow out my candles:)) Then we popped in at Gran's house and shared some more cake:) After that, we went off for another drive- this time to Yorkshire- Settle and Watershed Mill where we had a nice look round and we both bought a few items. It was actually pouring down with rain so we thought we'd try going back to Lancashire! We had a lovely ride round Slaidburn etc. Then, as we were nearing home and it brightened up and the sun actually came out!, we decided to pop to Bay View Garden Centre where I wanted to get some really nice eau fraiche. So, we did and then it was home time again:) So, I've had a wonderful 3 days off work:) Hope the next couple of days at work are good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment