Abridgement from H. L. Gee's book "The Cheerful Day"

"Lord, I am going to bed.
Not any fool, Lord, can go rightly to bed. Please help me. When I wash myself, make it a solemn sacrament that it may cleanse the inward man, removing my grievances against Jones, and swilling off my anger against that ridiculous Miss Q. And as I am so tired, would You pitch my weariness through the window and gather up all this day's good under my pillow. Teach me to go to sleep with a lovely thought in my mind, that it may grow in the dark and blossom in the dawn, so that I may get up in the morning with its fragrance everywhere about me."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy and Carol Owen's "He Came in Love" from "The Witness"

Feeling, Faith and Fact

Leave it to me, Child, Leave it to me.