Monday 9 October 2023

Are we thirsty? Are we seeking the Lord?

Ho, every one that is thirsty in spirit,

Ho, every one that is weary and sad;

Come to the fountain, there’s fulness in Jesus,

All that you’re longing for, come and be glad.

Refrain:

“I will pour water on him that is thirsty,

I will pour floods upon the dry ground;

Open your heart for the gift I am bringing;

While you are seeking Me, I will be found.”

Child of the world, are you tired of your bondage?

Weary of earth-joys, so false, so untrue?

Thirsting for God and His fulness of blessing?

List to the promise, a message for you!

Child of the Kingdom, be filled with the Spirit!

Nothing but fulness thy longing can meet:

‘Tis the enduement for life and for service;

Thine is the promise, so certain, so sweet.


Although this hymn is in the Redemption hymnal, I hadn't noticed it there... 

Written by Lucy Rider Meyer born in Vermont, 1849, died in 1922.

No comments:

Post a Comment