Wednesday 14 December 2011

Into the dark?

………”I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness. . . “ John 8:12


Into the dark, Lord Jesus,

Into the dark with Thee.

There hath come to my heart a calling apart,

And a whispered, “Follow Me.”


Take Thou my hand, Lord Jesus,

In Thy mighty clasp divine;

Hold it so close, Lord Jesus,

That it tremble not in Thine;

For my heart shrinks back from the unknown track,

And my feet tread falteringly;

And into the dark I follow –

Into the dark with Thee.


Into the dark, Lord Jesus,

Is it the dark with Thee?

Nay, Thou makest the night about me light,

And mine eyes—mine eyes shall see-

Shall “see the King in His beauty.”

In the land that is far away;

Shall see in the heavenly sunshine,

The path that is hid today.


Then why should I fear what the untried year

May bring to mine or me?

Into the dark I follow –

Nay, into the Light with Thee!

- Edith G. Cherry

Deep sorrows sometimes prove to be God’s masked mercies. The worst sorrows in life are not its losses, and misfortunes, but its fears.


Today's devotional reading in Traveling toward Sunrise by Mrs Charles Cowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment