Tuesday 15 November 2011

Today's excerpt from Mrs Charles Cowman's "Traveling Toward Sunrise" devotional.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

I look not back--God knows the fruitless effort,
The wasted hours, the sinning and regrets;
I leave them all with Him that blots the record
And graciously forgives and then forgets.

I look not forward, God sees all the future,
The road that short or long, will lead me home;
And He will face with me its every trial,
And bear for me the burden that may come.

I look not around me-- then would fears assail me,
So wild the tumult of life's restless sea;
So dark the world, so filled with war and evil,
So vain the hope of comfort and of ease.

I look not inward, that would make me wretched,
For I have naught on which to stay my trust;
Nothing I see but failures and shortcomings,
And weak endeavours crumbling into dust.

But I look up-- up into the face of Jesus!
For there my heart can rest, my fears are stilled;
And there is joy, and love and light for darkness,
And perfect peace, and every hope fulfilled.
Miss J. H. Hunt

I thought this was a really lovely poem.
What do you think of it??

No comments:

Post a Comment