Continuing on the Christian perfection theme...

Reading through the book of Hebrews the words perfect and perfection are mentioned a lot of times. (no I didn't count!). I used the cheat's version. E-Sword is very useful!
The word "perfect" occurs 99 times in Scripture. I guess we should take note of it, but it's funny how it hasn't really "jumped out" at me before reading Mr Wesley's book!

"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 5:10 NKJV

"Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection," Hebrews 6:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy and Carol Owen's "He Came in Love" from "The Witness"

Feeling, Faith and Fact

Leave it to me, Child, Leave it to me.