I THINK THIS IS SUCH A POWERFUL SONG!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd heard it before years ago but I didn't remember it!
I'm so glad I've found it again!
Here are the lyrics:
Pure and holy Son of God,
Taking on the form of man;
Left the glory of His throne,
Came to bring salvation's plan.
Righteous Father, Holy One,
Looking down on us in Love;
Gave to us His only Son,
Sent with blessings from above.
But we took Him and we nailed Him
to a cross made of wood
And we raised it high and dropped it
in the ground where it stood
And the blood that flowed to the earth below
Bought forgiveness for the world
that had treated Him so.
"Peace on earth, Good will to men,"
At His birth the angels sang,
Love and mercy from the throne
Through the earth his message rang.
But we took Him and we nailed Him
to a cross made of wood
And we raised it high and dropped it
in the ground where it stood
And the blood that flowed to the earth below
Bought forg...
Three men were walking on a wall, Feeling, Faith, and Fact. When Feeling took an awful fall and Faith was taken back. So close was Faith to Feeling that he stumbled and fell too. But Fact remained and pulled up Faith, and Faith brought Feeling too. I saw this poem yesterday in Traveling towards Sunrise and thought, "That's one for the blog!" So, here it is! I thought it was quite interesting. What do you think of it?
Leave it to me, Child, leave it to Me, Dearer thy garden to me than to thee, Lift up thy heart, Child, lift up thine eyes, Naught can defeat Me, naught can surprise. Leave it to me, Child, leave it to Me, Trust in the Wall of Fire, look up and see Stars in their courses shine through the night Both are alike to me -- darkness and light. Leave it to me, Child, leave it to me, Let stop the burden too heavy for thee. That which I will, My Hand shall perform, Fair are the lilies that weather the storm. By Amy Carmichael (Written after a storm had threatened to ruin her garden, but rather "washed" it. The flowers that came through the storm were more beautiful afterwards. She remembered then that her garden of beloved children were even dearer to God than to her. She would trust Him to perfect them.) I heard this as a song the other day, and it's been going round in my head ever since! How lovely to know that we can trust God and leave it all to Him.
Comments
Post a Comment